Hot melt polyamide adhesives are 100% non-volatile, thermoplastic adhesive resins. There are many benefits, including great plasticizer resistance, adhesion to a variety of substrates, and low application viscosity. All these benefits make them an ideal selection for applications in a variety of markets.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing a polyamide adhesive.
- TEMPERATURE REQUIREMENTS: Understanding an applications temperature requirements is key when choosing a polyamide to ensure proper performance.
- PROCESS REQUIREMENTS: Knowing process parameters also can help you make the best selection of product.
- SUBSTRATES COMPATABILITY: The adhesive must be able to fully wet out the chosen substrate to accomplish successful adhesion.
Food for thought: Supplied in pellet form and solid at room temperature, they offer beneficial characteristic properties necessary in demanding performance environments that include:
- good chemical and grease resistance
- excellent plasticizer resistance
- low application viscosity
- adhesion to a variety of substrates